Haney Test Sampling Information (H3A)
Listed here are general guidelines to sample for the Haney Test or Soil Health Test:
If combining Haney analysis with PLFA, please refer to the PLFA sample submittal instructions and follow those guidelines for submitting one sample for both tests.
- Use a standard soil core sampler, drill corer, or spade to obtain a furrow slice soil sample.
- Take 10-15 cores either 0-6 or 0-8 inches deep if wanting fertility recommendations. We do not recommend running the Haney Test on samples taken at alternate depths or sub soils. We can perform the test, but will not be able to provide fertility recommendations at this time.
- Combine all the cores, preferably in a plastic-lined paper soil bag, to make one composite sample.
- Add all sample identification information you need to the sample bag and ship the samples in a regular box.
- Mark each sample and the shipping container Haney Test or Soil Health test to ensure proper handling on our end.
- Include any paperwork and soil submittal forms that will allow us to identify the customer/grower and the tests desired. If you are a new customer, please also include a physical address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) so we can set up your customer account.
- Samples can be mailed to or dropped off at Ward Laboratories Inc, 4007 Cherry Avenue, Kearney, NE 68848. When mailing samples it is best to send them overnight if the temperatures are very hot.
Additional information is available on the website at www.wardlab.com and new information may be added as it becomes available. Any questions regarding biological/soil health testing may be directed to Lance Gunderson at email@example.com.